Thursday, October 14, 2010

Link of the Week- BlissTree

I was approached last week and asked if I could make more links readily available to readers.


Ummm,......OF COURSE I CAN!!!!!
So, in response, I have now started a link of the week. :)

 Bliss Tree-100 things
 This week's link is from my friends over at  blisstree.com.
I often hear folks exclaim that they have to run to the store and buy something random, at least 3-4 times a week. Of course, when I why that venture is so important, I often get the response of, "Well I cannot MAKE IT at home!?!?!"  Actually..........yes you can......at least SOME of it.

I am living proof that homemade is almost always the cheaper alternative, as well as the tastier one. For example, the Lay's company has made a fortune across the country selling their dips on the shelves of every grocery and quickstop, but I can bet you that my homemade dip is cheaper, tastier, and better for you.
The proof??? I made FOUR PANS of dip for one four hour UFC viewing event in my home last month. It cost me a total of $3, contained fresh-local & canned ingredients, AND left no non-recyclable waste. (It was also REALLY neat to hear grown men say, "This is made with chickpeas? REALLY?" HAHAHA.)

So, take a moment and wander over to BlissTree and check out their list of 100 things you can make yourself.....and maybe even give a few a try. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment