Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Leftovers-What to do???

It is this time of year that most families find themselves saddled to the hilt with the task of providing the perfect Thanksgiving dinner. That dinner will result in leftovers for days, sometimes weeks, and in some cases, even months! If preserved and re-worked properly, one person could feasibly eat Thanksgiving Day leftovers for the rest of the year! Some might think this sounds like I am telling a tale here, but I am actually COMPLETELY SERIOUS.
In 2007, I found myself living alone in a one bedroom apartment. This afforded me a lot of benefits, such as, being able to stretch my groceries for a long time. :)  Thanksgiving of 2007 provided me with enough food via leftovers from the family feast, that I did not need to buy groceries until well after the new year!!!  From Jello-salad to turkey to leftover rolls, I made use of every leftover item from my family's Thanksgiving dinner and the Thanksgiving dinner from my office as well. With proper refrigeration, flash freezing, and a bit of creativity, I made fantastic meals for an entire month.
I challenge you to make the most of your Thanksgiving leftovers this year, whether it be by donating to the local women's shelter, re-working leftovers to feed your family, or even using table scraps for beauty treatments. How thankful are you really?

To get you started, here are a few helpful links:

Thanksgiving Beauty

Turkey Pot Pie

Being Thankful for Leftovers


Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment